Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Olympic Music Festival

I spent Sunday September 10th at the Olympic Music Festival. My primary motivation was to observe the auction, as I was donating a painting and was therefore curious of the proceedings. But I quickly discovered that I wouldn't really need an excuse to be convinced to return.

The auction was fun to participate in (as a bidder) and it was informative to see how well my art fared -- for those of you who are curious there was significant interest and it sold for as much as it would have in a gallery. But all that was a diversion from the more valuable experiences at hand:

Absorbing the early fall sunshine in the gardens . . .

Seranaded by the music drifting out of the barn . . .

Enjoying the company of like-minded souls.


I can't say I've been that relaxed, away from my own home, in a very long time. Yes, I think that means I probably need a vacation. But don't let that diminish my previous statement.


If you are ever in the Seattle area, with time on your hands, consider packing a gourmet picnic, grabbing a blanket and spending the afternoon steeped in a mixture of culture and simple farm life. The Olympic Music Festival runs from late June through early September -- it is unfortunately now over for the 2006 season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home